Spiritual Walking Orders
We learned in the devotion on being In Christ the importance of pleonastics in Ephesians. This is a writing style that uses repetitiveness to ensure that the reader doesn’t miss or forget the main point. In Ephesians, Paul seems to be using this style to emphasize walking right with God. He repeats the term walking on numerous occasions to drive home the main point and to make clear to the reader the importance of walking rightly with God. .
Throughout Ephesians we see the importance of walking right with God. Let’s take a quick look at the “walking orders” that Paul gives.
1. Walking in sin was done away with by salvation – Ephesians 2:2
2. Walk in good works – Ephesians 2:10
3. Walk worthy of Christ’s salvation call – Ephesians 4:1
4. No longer walk as unbelievers walk – Ephesians 4:17
5. Walk in love – Ephesians 5:2
6. Walk as children of light – Ephesians 5:8
7. Walk wisely – Ephesians 5:15
Holy Spirit thank You for my “walking orders.” I will walk with You, in Christ, amen.